Health And Safety
Health And Safety Mission Statement:
“It is the policy of WWL ALS that all activities carried out on WWL ALS' premises or undertaken by WWL ALS personnel (or their contractors) will be managed in such a manner so as to avoid, reduce, or control, all foreseeable risks to the health and safety of any person to a tolerable level”.
General Policy Statement
In furtherance of the above statement and the need to ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation WWL ALS will pay particular attention to the provision of:
- A healthy working environment
- A safe place in which to work with safe means of access to and egress from it
- Suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all staff and contractors to comply with the WWL ALS Health and Safety Policy
- Safe plant, equipment and systems of work
- Arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transport or articles, materials and substances
- Appropriate management procedures and consultative arrangements to monitor and audit compliance with WWL ALS' Health and WWL Safety Policy
- Appropriate arrangements to assess and control the risks associated with work activities undertaken or by WWL ALS personnel and their contractors
- Appropriate procurement policies to ensure that only competent contractors and suppliers are engaged by WWL ALS
To assist in the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy, not only will appropriate external sources of information be consulted, but WWL ALS will also seek advice from its Health & Safety Committee and appoint adequate competent personnel to advise on health and safety matters.