Health & Safety
Health & Safety Mission Statement:
“It is the policy of WWL ALS that all activities carried out on WWL ALS' premises or undertaken by WWL ALS personnel (or their contractors) will be managed in such a manner so as to avoid, reduce, or control, all foreseeable risks to the health & safety of any person to a tolerable level”.
General Policy Statement
In furtherance of the above statement and the need to ensure compliance with all relevant health & safety legislation WWL ALS will pay particular attention to the provision of:
- A healthy working environment
- A safe place in which to work with safe means of access to and egress from it
- Suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all staff and contractors to comply with the WWL ALS Health & Safety Policy
- Safe plant, equipment and systems of work
- Arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transport or articles, materials and substances
- Appropriate management procedures and consultative arrangements to monitor and audit compliance with WWL ALS' Health & WWL Safety Policy
- Appropriate arrangements to assess and control the risks associated with work activities undertaken or by WWL ALS personnel and their contractors
- Appropriate procurement policies to ensure that only competent contractors and suppliers are engaged by WWL ALS
To assist in the implementation of the Health & Safety Policy, not only will appropriate external sources of information be consulted, but WWL ALS will also seek advice from its Health & Safety Committee and appoint adequate competent personnel to advise on health & safety matters.