Thank you for your interest in Abnormal Load Services.
If there are no vacancies listed below that suit your skills or location, you can register an interest for a particular role via our contact form and we will be in touch when a vacancy arises.
Customs Clearance Operator - Hull area
Your new company
A worldwide client in the freight forwarding industry looking to create a new department within the Hull area. The client is a leader in supply chain management and logistics solutions, handling everything from logistics to customized shipping solutions.
Your new role
Required to complete and input via customs systems, customs entries for cargo arriving and leaving through UK ports, for both external and internal customers. This includes all aspects of Import & Export customs procedures and regulations, as described in but not limited to the detail below.
· Experience in customs clearance and knowledge of road/seafreight industry desirable.
· Competent with completion of customs clearance procedures, including customs transit processes
What you'll need to succeed
· Strong Customer Service skills are essential.
· Effective written and verbal communications skills.
· Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and manage high workloads in challenging situations and meeting deadlines.
· Ability to make considered and consistent decisions.
· Fast and accurate data entry.
· At least two years' industry experience with customs clearance role
· Freight forwarding experience preferred but not essential
· Ability to adapt to changes to regulations – in particular regarding Brexit
What you'll get in return
· Competitive Salary
· Customs Training if required
· Possibility to develop within freight forwarding department
Julie Watson - Office Manager - QHS/ HR
Tel: +44 (0) 7712 675546