Specialist in house project teams provide ships agency and marine, port operation services offering global, break bulk, full or part charter, heavy lift vessel, ro-ro and containerised solutions.
Our on-site teams work with clients from initial proposal stage through to contract stage providing feasibility assessments and budget costs when bidding for new business.
As heavy machinery and equipment becomes more and more sophisticated our company’s operational teams recognise that every transportation requirement is unique.
Clients can be assured that ALS' ships agency team can handle the entire vessel operation providing clients updated throughout the movement and provide debrief after the shipment has arrived.
Email enquiries / request quotation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Port & Ports Services
Shipping / Chartering
- Initial contact with ALS to discuss requirements, including budgets, time-scale and any special considerations.
- Locate suitable port in exporting country & make initial enquiries to establish optimum port at destination in conjunction with a suitable route to site.
- Establish most cost effective method of shipment i.e. geared or gearless tonnage framed or crated shipment mounted or dismantled segments.
- Co-ordinate between ship and barge owners and manufacturers to ensure the optimum stowage.
- Arrange for marine survey of cargo if required and full arrangement is achieved on board the ship attendance to loading and discharging.
- Loading of vessel under full ALS supervision, keeping all parties informed of progress throughout.
- Attend site meetings with manufacturer and their client to establish working practice and required delivery schedule.
- Compile full H&SE compliant risk assessment and method statement for submission to the client and all operating parties.
- Agree sequence to achieve timely discharge from vessel to quay and to delivery transport.
- Co-ordinate deliveries to site in accordance with the site erection requirements.
- Maintain site delivery record.
- Provide clients with a total debrief and report.
- Organise and conduct a trial run from discharge port to site foundation, based on component dimensions and trailer configurations.
- Liaise with statutory authorities who need to be informed of any movements e.g arranging for street furniture removal carriageway modifications and authorisations.
- Liaise with police forces and local authorities along the routes arranging all necessary movement permits and escort arrangements Appoint port/terminal operator, crane contractor, and haulage contractor.
- Appoint port/terminal operator, crane contractor, and haulage contractor.
- Discharge of vessel under full ALS supervision, keeping all parties informed of progress throughout.