Slick movement of Tunnel Boring System
The TBS shipment consisted of 600 tons of breakbulk and 200 tons of parts in the shipper's own containers.
14th December 2017
Various trailers were loaded and shipped from Turku port to a site in Sweden; the largest dimensions were as follows:
Heaviest: 90 tons
The job was completed in 55 hours which started from the loading onto the open deck RO-RO carrier in Turku port Finland up to being delivered and lifted off from trucks at the site in Sweden.
ALS (including offices in Turku, Hull and Moerdijks’ charter department) was responsible for:
- Jacking and craneage of the units at local hub onto low loaders and trucking to port for loading
- Chartering the open deck roro-carrier which included insuring the vessel
- Planning stowage and lashing onboard
- Loading and lashing the cargo onboard
- Discharging in Sweden and trucking to the site
- Supervising all operations door-door in Finland and in Sweden
Register to receive our latest news